Skip to main content

| LIFESTYLE | Visit to Weathered & Worn

You’ve got to love Instagram. I was recently scrolling through my feed and saw a photo of an arrangement of some beautiful rustic homeware. As a lover of anything shabby chic/vintage, this photo really sparked my interest and I needed to know more!

Turns out that this photo was taken in a shop called “Weathered & Worn”. The shop (luckily for me, but not so lucky for my purse!) is only a 25 minute journey from my house. After much Instagram stalking (their Instagram page is here) and at the next available opportunity, I told my other half that we HAD to check it out!

Weathered & Worn is located in the small village of Hadlow Kent, which is near to Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks. It is a vintage homeware, furniture shop and café, open Monday- Saturday. They also have free parking next to the building which is a definite bonus in my book.

The interior is modest but just gorgeous! It isn’t dark and dingy in the slightest which I find with most vintage/antique shops. It has a cosy feel without feeling too cramped. Both times we’ve visited we decided to sit in the more open half of the building, which has a number of leather armchairs, and comfy sofas. You could easily sink into one of these for a few hours with a good book! They do also have tables and chairs in amongst the shop which definitely gives it a more laid-back vibe, but I can imagine it would be a bit off-putting having people browsing items right by where you are eating. They are a dog-friendly shop too, and have a garden area so you can bring your four-legged friend along for lunch! 

The lunch menu is simple, consisting mainly of sandwiches but it is all freshly made and the portions are pretty big! They also have handmade cakes which seem to change every week. I recommend the carrot cake- it was delicious!

Anyway- back to the shop! If you love rustic/vintage/French homeware, then this is the place for you. Straight away I spied a vintage Dundee Marmalade jar which I had been lusting after on Etsy, but at the starting price of £30 I hadn’t yet bought one! This jar however was £16- much better! I also felt very smug as it was the only one I could see on display.

They have a large collection of antique books and jars. I wanted some weathered old books to display on a table I had recently up-cycled and my other half came across 2 (very) tatty books which were £4! I later discovered that they are a set of works by Lord Byron, and are 185 years old. Published in 1832 which was the same year slavery was abolished. So interesting to have a piece of history like that for such little money!

I could honestly rave about this shop for much longer, but I don’t want this post to become an essay! Instead I’ll insert some photos I took to give you an idea of what they stock.









I can’t wait to visit when December hits, as I found some photos of the shop from that time last year and it looked so festive and charming!

I’m so pleased that I discovered this lovely independent business through Instagram. If it hadn’t been for coming across a photo, I don’t know if I ever would have discovered it as I don’t head over Hadlow way very often at all. Thanks Instagram!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| DIY | DIY Rustic Shelf

We've always needed more storage space in the kitchen. We have around 4 cupboards which we use for our appliances, cups/glasses/plates/bowls, tinned food and cereals, and a cupboard designated for general items we have no where to keep such as vases, tins of paint, dusters etc.  We had a largish amount of blank wall that I knew I wanted to do something with, but other things in the flat always took precedence.  Thanks to Instagram and Pinterest, I noticed that a lot of people were making shelves out of old bits of wood or scaffolding boards. Purely by chance a while ago, my other half was given 2 scaffolding boards by someone who had no use for them. Finally during some much needed annual leave, I pestered my Dad to help me with my project! I couldn't decide what brackets I wanted. I didn't want modern style brackets as that isn't really the "vibe" I go for. I was torn between antique-style cast iron brackets from Amazon , or some white distresse

| HOME | A Look Inside AmysAnnexe's Home

My friend has recently moved into her own place, so I decided to pop over and pick her brain about all things homes and interiors!  Hi, I’m Amy (amysannexe on Instagram) and I’ve lived in my home for 3 months. I’m surrounded by fields and rolling countryside which I love as it’s very relaxing…the only downside is the creepy crawlies that decide to take up residence inside! I’ve got a lovely little garden where I can grow vegetables and lots of flowers. It’s so quiet and tranquil around where I live. Describe your interior style: I would describe my interior as country style with modern touches. I like to add grey and copper accessorises with neutral-coloured furniture. My style has changed over the last few years as I used to have quite a girlie interior with pastel pinks and duck egg blue. My style has definitely matured as I’ve got older.  Where do you take your inspiration from?   A lot of it comes from Instagram and Pinterest. My favourite home

| DIY | Homemade Bedside Lights

The new room is coming together really well. Everything I had envisioned for it has turned out exactly right! One thing that I’m most happy with is our brand new shelf/bedside lighting. This was all done for well under £100. I was lucky enough to already have the wooden scaffolding board for my old kitchen shelf. My dad helped me to distress it as it was a brand new piece of wood. Click here to read about that process. In the new room, our bed is pushed up against the chimney breast which obviously juts out a bit compared to the rest of the wall on that side. When considering the space we had I realised that a bedside table either side of the bed just wouldn’t work. This then raised the question…where do we put bedside lamps? I’ve seen a few pictures floating around the internet showing large filament Edison bulbs hanging from either the ceiling or the wall either side of a bed. I loved the look as I’m a big fan of Industrial-looking interiors. This seemed like a l