Skip to main content

| HOME | A Look Inside AmysAnnexe's Home

My friend has recently moved into her own place, so I decided to pop over and pick her brain about all things homes and interiors! 

Hi, I’m Amy (amysannexe on Instagram) and I’ve lived in my home for 3 months. I’m surrounded by fields and rolling countryside which I love as it’s very relaxing…the only downside is the creepy crawlies that decide to take up residence inside! I’ve got a lovely little garden where I can grow vegetables and lots of flowers. It’s so quiet and tranquil around where I live.

Describe your interior style:

I would describe my interior as country style with modern touches. I like to add grey and copper accessorises with neutral-coloured furniture. My style has changed over the last few years as I used to have quite a girlie interior with pastel pinks and duck egg blue. My style has definitely matured as I’ve got older. 




Where do you take your inspiration from? 

A lot of it comes from Instagram and Pinterest. My favourite home décor accounts are myhouseinthecountry, myrustricretreat and vintagehearthome. I love their vintage-chic style with a country farmhouse style.


Tell us about about an item in your home that means something to you.

 I don’t have a particular item that is “special” to me, but I do have sentimental items such as presents from my Goddaughter which mean a lot to me. 

What is your favourite area of your home and why?

Probably my living room because its cosy, and I have a lovely view of the trees outside. I also a large sofa which is super comfy and perfect to curl up on and watch Netflix! I like how the downstairs area is open plan and flows through nicely, so I can sit and watch TV but also talk to people in the kitchen at the same time. 



What is your bargain find?

I would say my mirrored copper side table from B&M Stores and my gold cloud shelf from Urban Outfitters. The table was £34.99 and the shelf was a steal at £12.00 reduced from £40.00! I’ve seen the copper table going for a lot more in other homeware stores so I’m very pleased with my one. I love a bargain find!



What (if any) are the future plans for your home?

I’ve just bought new grey and silver wallpaper which will be going up downstairs to replace the old flowery one. I also plan to give everywhere a lick of paint, including my built in wardrobe doors and my kitchen cabinets which are currently pine. They will be done in a country cream which will match my furniture. I’m also hoping to paint the stairs either a white or cream and replace the carpet runner and upstairs carpet with a grey one to fit in with the rest of the house. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| DIY | DIY Rustic Shelf

We've always needed more storage space in the kitchen. We have around 4 cupboards which we use for our appliances, cups/glasses/plates/bowls, tinned food and cereals, and a cupboard designated for general items we have no where to keep such as vases, tins of paint, dusters etc.  We had a largish amount of blank wall that I knew I wanted to do something with, but other things in the flat always took precedence.  Thanks to Instagram and Pinterest, I noticed that a lot of people were making shelves out of old bits of wood or scaffolding boards. Purely by chance a while ago, my other half was given 2 scaffolding boards by someone who had no use for them. Finally during some much needed annual leave, I pestered my Dad to help me with my project! I couldn't decide what brackets I wanted. I didn't want modern style brackets as that isn't really the "vibe" I go for. I was torn between antique-style cast iron brackets from Amazon , or some white distresse

| DIY | Homemade Bedside Lights

The new room is coming together really well. Everything I had envisioned for it has turned out exactly right! One thing that I’m most happy with is our brand new shelf/bedside lighting. This was all done for well under £100. I was lucky enough to already have the wooden scaffolding board for my old kitchen shelf. My dad helped me to distress it as it was a brand new piece of wood. Click here to read about that process. In the new room, our bed is pushed up against the chimney breast which obviously juts out a bit compared to the rest of the wall on that side. When considering the space we had I realised that a bedside table either side of the bed just wouldn’t work. This then raised the question…where do we put bedside lamps? I’ve seen a few pictures floating around the internet showing large filament Edison bulbs hanging from either the ceiling or the wall either side of a bed. I loved the look as I’m a big fan of Industrial-looking interiors. This seemed like a l