Skip to main content

| LIFESTYLE | Facts About Me!

I've been tagged a few times by people on Instagram and I thought I'd give you a bit of insight into me! I'm putting it on here in the form of a blog post as it is easier to lay out on here I think! So here goes...

  1. I'm 28 (turning 29 next week) 
  2. I'm a true Virgo through and through. I worry (a lot), I'm shy, I'm kind, I enjoy cleanliness and I HATE slovenliness and rudeness. My sister is also a Virgo and although there's 7 years between us, our birthdays are only a week apart 
  3. I'm a big animal lover. I absolutely adore cats, I love rodents (such as hamsters and gerbils) as I used to keep them as a child and I also love sloths and anteaters- I think they're amazing creatures and so funny to look at! 
  4. I don't get broody at all over human babies...but animal babies (especially kittens!) and you'll probably find me a complete emotional wreck! 
  5. I've lived with my Fiance for 7 and a half years, and we've been together since March 2007
  6. I have a really bad habit of picking at my split ends when I'm bored. Should probably teach me to get my hair cut more often!
  7. I get really annoyed when people mistakenly call me Emma
  8. I'm a sucker for nostalgia. I love nothing more than reliving memories be it through old TV programmes, old music, old photos etc
  9. This leads on to me being a very sentimental person 
  10. I am a true home bod. I'm happiest when I'm in a familiar environment and I'm eating good food and enjoying good company. I don't particularly enjoy being away from home, but I'm trying to overcome that! 
  11. Despite me being almost 30, I'm very conscious of the fact that I still look like a teenager. So much so that on numerous occasions I've been ID'd for buying things like pain killers in the supermarket! Funnily enough this still happens to my sister too. We must just have very young genes!  
  12. My favourite flowers are Hydrangeas. However I love sweet peas, roses and poppies too. 
  13. I've been to Bethlehem and saw the star where Jesus was supposed to have been born. I was pretty young so I don't remember much of it, but it's cool to say that I've been there! 
  14. My favourite country is Italy. I used to go there every year growing up, so it almost feels like a second home
  15. I went to a private secondary school and I didn't enjoy it at all! 
  16. I'm on my third car and I only passed my test last Summer! (Don't ask!) 
  17. I'm a history geek. I'm fascinated with Ancient Egypt, the Tudors, Victorians and Ancient Rome
  18. I prefer documentaries over films
  19. I used to be in a class with the actor that plays Steven Beale in Eastenders at Junior school
  20. I have a terrible fear of shipwrecks/large items under the sea. Not that I've ever seen one in real life (thank god!)...Titanic freaks me out and I find it difficult to watch when it's sinking, and the pictures of the Costa Concordia half submerged terrify me. I've since discovered that the name for my phobia is "submechanophobia"
  21. I'm also terrified of butterflies (no joke!) and bees/wasps 

I hope this has given you a better idea of me as a person. I love to read facts about other people too, so if you have an interesting fact, please share it with me!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| HOME | The Mustard Edit

Mustard yellow is bang on trend at the moment. In most homeware stores, you are guaranteed to come across a mustard coloured item. Mustard is a pretty versatile colour. It can be used to add a pop of colour to a neutral backdrop, or even to brighten up a dark coloured sofa for example - my particular favourite is the combination of mustard and navy blue; I think the two colours compliment each other really well.  Here are 5 of my favourite mustard yellow homewares under £50.00 which are sure to cheer up your home!  Wild and Wolf 746 phone in English Mustard ( www.redcandy.co.uk ) £33.30 Mustard wool throw in English Mustard - 150cm x 183cm ( www.britishwoolblankets.com ) £49.00 Mustard and white zig zag chevron cushion ( www.zazzle.co.uk ) £25.25 Softness shaggy rug in Mustard - 60cm x 120cm ( www.therugseller.co.uk ) £34.99 Ecru frilled linen cushion cover ( www.zarahome.com ) £11.99   now on SALE at £4.99! My friend at MatsonBailey ...

| HOME | A Look Inside AmysAnnexe's Home

My friend has recently moved into her own place, so I decided to pop over and pick her brain about all things homes and interiors!  Hi, I’m Amy (amysannexe on Instagram) and I’ve lived in my home for 3 months. I’m surrounded by fields and rolling countryside which I love as it’s very relaxing…the only downside is the creepy crawlies that decide to take up residence inside! I’ve got a lovely little garden where I can grow vegetables and lots of flowers. It’s so quiet and tranquil around where I live. Describe your interior style: I would describe my interior as country style with modern touches. I like to add grey and copper accessorises with neutral-coloured furniture. My style has changed over the last few years as I used to have quite a girlie interior with pastel pinks and duck egg blue. My style has definitely matured as I’ve got older.  Where do you take your inspiration from?   A lot of it comes from Instagram and Pinterest. My f...

| LIFESTYLE | How Gardening Helped My Anxiety

We are incredibly lucky to have a large balcony for a 1 bedroom rented flat (approximately 18 foot wide and 6 foot deep). Having said that, when we first moved in 7 years ago and at 21 years old, we weren't that bothered by utilising the outdoor space that we had. Neither of us at the time were particularly into gardening. In fact, my other half didn't even have an outdoor space at his previous home. We both agreed that "at some point" we would do something with it and our attention was focused solely on making the inside of our flat look nice.  Years passed and the weeds got bigger; we bought a cheap metal table and chairs for the balcony, but that was the extent of what we did with it.  The turning point for me came when I developed extremely bad anxiety at the beginning of last year. I struggled to leave the house or even venture out very far beyond my "safe zone" which was my home town. One day my parents asked if I wanted to come with them to a...