Skip to main content

| HOME | My Dream Home

I was recently reading through the lovely Charlotte Valentine's blog The Home That Made Me, and she had written a post on what her dream house would look like, and it got me thinking- what would my dream home look like? I make no secret of the fact that I adore cottages, but what different aspects of a building and interior would I combine to make it my house of dreams? 

Of course, for any kind of inspiration interior/house related, I went onto Pinterest! If you didn't already know, I have a Pinterest page which you can go to here where I have hundreds of different interior ideas to suit almost anyone! 

So let's start with the exterior.....

I do love a good front door! Preferably in a pale green, such as Farrow & Ball's No.19 Lichen. A porch would also be a bonus. Something that I could put white lights around to make it look really welcoming. 

Source: Pinterest

Source: Pinterest

I'm not too fussed on the building materials, but limestone or flagstone is always a winner in my books! I don't particularly like pokey little windows. I would really like lots of light flooding inside so that nothing feels too claustrophobic.

Source: Pinterest

Source: Pinterest

A bay window with a window seat would be perfect for those wintery evenings where you could snuggle up with a good book and a steaming mug of hot chocolate. How gorgeous is this one? 

Source: Pinterest

Now for the interior. I would keep everything completely neutral, as that's the kind of girl I am! I like to feel completely calm in an environment, and neutral colours definitely create that. Little pops of colour here and there would break it up a bit too. I would still need that "cozy factor" too however- after all, what is a cottage without it being cozy?! 

Source: Pinterest

Source: Pinterest

Source: Pinterest

Wooden beams and a little fire burner are a definite must for me!

Source: Pinterest

Source: Pinterest

Source: Pinterest

Last but by no means least, the garden. The garden to me doesn't have to be huge. In fact, I would be quite happy with a small courtyard garden. Having said that, as this is a "dream home" scenario, I would love a walled garden, maybe divided up into different areas, such as the herb garden, the cottage garden, etc. (Think Monty Don's garden on Gardener's World). 

Source: Pinterest

Source: Pinterest

Source: Pinterest

Source: Pinterest

For now I'll have to continue dreaming, but it's good to have goals in life!  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| HOME | The Mustard Edit

Mustard yellow is bang on trend at the moment. In most homeware stores, you are guaranteed to come across a mustard coloured item. Mustard is a pretty versatile colour. It can be used to add a pop of colour to a neutral backdrop, or even to brighten up a dark coloured sofa for example - my particular favourite is the combination of mustard and navy blue; I think the two colours compliment each other really well.  Here are 5 of my favourite mustard yellow homewares under £50.00 which are sure to cheer up your home!  Wild and Wolf 746 phone in English Mustard ( www.redcandy.co.uk ) £33.30 Mustard wool throw in English Mustard - 150cm x 183cm ( www.britishwoolblankets.com ) £49.00 Mustard and white zig zag chevron cushion ( www.zazzle.co.uk ) £25.25 Softness shaggy rug in Mustard - 60cm x 120cm ( www.therugseller.co.uk ) £34.99 Ecru frilled linen cushion cover ( www.zarahome.com ) £11.99   now on SALE at £4.99! My friend at MatsonBailey ...

| HOME | A Look Inside AmysAnnexe's Home

My friend has recently moved into her own place, so I decided to pop over and pick her brain about all things homes and interiors!  Hi, I’m Amy (amysannexe on Instagram) and I’ve lived in my home for 3 months. I’m surrounded by fields and rolling countryside which I love as it’s very relaxing…the only downside is the creepy crawlies that decide to take up residence inside! I’ve got a lovely little garden where I can grow vegetables and lots of flowers. It’s so quiet and tranquil around where I live. Describe your interior style: I would describe my interior as country style with modern touches. I like to add grey and copper accessorises with neutral-coloured furniture. My style has changed over the last few years as I used to have quite a girlie interior with pastel pinks and duck egg blue. My style has definitely matured as I’ve got older.  Where do you take your inspiration from?   A lot of it comes from Instagram and Pinterest. My f...

| LIFESTYLE | How Gardening Helped My Anxiety

We are incredibly lucky to have a large balcony for a 1 bedroom rented flat (approximately 18 foot wide and 6 foot deep). Having said that, when we first moved in 7 years ago and at 21 years old, we weren't that bothered by utilising the outdoor space that we had. Neither of us at the time were particularly into gardening. In fact, my other half didn't even have an outdoor space at his previous home. We both agreed that "at some point" we would do something with it and our attention was focused solely on making the inside of our flat look nice.  Years passed and the weeds got bigger; we bought a cheap metal table and chairs for the balcony, but that was the extent of what we did with it.  The turning point for me came when I developed extremely bad anxiety at the beginning of last year. I struggled to leave the house or even venture out very far beyond my "safe zone" which was my home town. One day my parents asked if I wanted to come with them to a...