Skip to main content

| HOME | The Marble & Copper Craze

As much as I absolutely love my traditionally decorated interiors, I'm really starting to break out of my shell in terms of what I like and what I think compliments an interior. 

Unless you have been living with your eyes closed for the past few years, you will know that marble and copper homewares are hugely popular in the interior design world. You only have to search for home decor on Pinterest and Instagram and you will no doubt find images of contemporary-looking living rooms featuring marble topped coffee tables, or copper geometric shaped light shades. 

So why is everyone going so crazy for this trend? 


When used together, both materials work really well to create an elegant and high-end look. Also, both are great additions to any style of interior, as they are inoffensive in colour and texture, but provide that level of interest into a space. However, if you so wish, copper can add a pop of colour without being too "out there", whilst marble can make a statement if you want it to, with the dark or light grey veins running through. 


Retailers such as West Elm, Anthropologie and Oliver Bonas have all embraced copper and marble (Oliver Bonas in particular has a beautiful range), but also high-street shops such as H&M Home and Primark offer great affordable alternatives that don't break the bank, but you can still embrace the trend. 


I have to mention that basically any metallic colour compliments marble. If you find copper a bit too much, gold really works well too. 

I'm currently collating a board on my Pinterest page which will be ideas for my bedroom, and of course I will be incorporating marble and copper or gold in there too! Please do go and have a look so that you can see all my ideas come together! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| HOME | The Mustard Edit

Mustard yellow is bang on trend at the moment. In most homeware stores, you are guaranteed to come across a mustard coloured item. Mustard is a pretty versatile colour. It can be used to add a pop of colour to a neutral backdrop, or even to brighten up a dark coloured sofa for example - my particular favourite is the combination of mustard and navy blue; I think the two colours compliment each other really well.  Here are 5 of my favourite mustard yellow homewares under £50.00 which are sure to cheer up your home!  Wild and Wolf 746 phone in English Mustard ( www.redcandy.co.uk ) £33.30 Mustard wool throw in English Mustard - 150cm x 183cm ( www.britishwoolblankets.com ) £49.00 Mustard and white zig zag chevron cushion ( www.zazzle.co.uk ) £25.25 Softness shaggy rug in Mustard - 60cm x 120cm ( www.therugseller.co.uk ) £34.99 Ecru frilled linen cushion cover ( www.zarahome.com ) £11.99   now on SALE at £4.99! My friend at MatsonBailey ...

| HOME | A Look Inside AmysAnnexe's Home

My friend has recently moved into her own place, so I decided to pop over and pick her brain about all things homes and interiors!  Hi, I’m Amy (amysannexe on Instagram) and I’ve lived in my home for 3 months. I’m surrounded by fields and rolling countryside which I love as it’s very relaxing…the only downside is the creepy crawlies that decide to take up residence inside! I’ve got a lovely little garden where I can grow vegetables and lots of flowers. It’s so quiet and tranquil around where I live. Describe your interior style: I would describe my interior as country style with modern touches. I like to add grey and copper accessorises with neutral-coloured furniture. My style has changed over the last few years as I used to have quite a girlie interior with pastel pinks and duck egg blue. My style has definitely matured as I’ve got older.  Where do you take your inspiration from?   A lot of it comes from Instagram and Pinterest. My f...

| LIFESTYLE | How Gardening Helped My Anxiety

We are incredibly lucky to have a large balcony for a 1 bedroom rented flat (approximately 18 foot wide and 6 foot deep). Having said that, when we first moved in 7 years ago and at 21 years old, we weren't that bothered by utilising the outdoor space that we had. Neither of us at the time were particularly into gardening. In fact, my other half didn't even have an outdoor space at his previous home. We both agreed that "at some point" we would do something with it and our attention was focused solely on making the inside of our flat look nice.  Years passed and the weeds got bigger; we bought a cheap metal table and chairs for the balcony, but that was the extent of what we did with it.  The turning point for me came when I developed extremely bad anxiety at the beginning of last year. I struggled to leave the house or even venture out very far beyond my "safe zone" which was my home town. One day my parents asked if I wanted to come with them to a...