Skip to main content

| HOME | The Marble & Copper Craze

As much as I absolutely love my traditionally decorated interiors, I'm really starting to break out of my shell in terms of what I like and what I think compliments an interior. 

Unless you have been living with your eyes closed for the past few years, you will know that marble and copper homewares are hugely popular in the interior design world. You only have to search for home decor on Pinterest and Instagram and you will no doubt find images of contemporary-looking living rooms featuring marble topped coffee tables, or copper geometric shaped light shades. 

So why is everyone going so crazy for this trend? 


When used together, both materials work really well to create an elegant and high-end look. Also, both are great additions to any style of interior, as they are inoffensive in colour and texture, but provide that level of interest into a space. However, if you so wish, copper can add a pop of colour without being too "out there", whilst marble can make a statement if you want it to, with the dark or light grey veins running through. 


Retailers such as West Elm, Anthropologie and Oliver Bonas have all embraced copper and marble (Oliver Bonas in particular has a beautiful range), but also high-street shops such as H&M Home and Primark offer great affordable alternatives that don't break the bank, but you can still embrace the trend. 


I have to mention that basically any metallic colour compliments marble. If you find copper a bit too much, gold really works well too. 

I'm currently collating a board on my Pinterest page which will be ideas for my bedroom, and of course I will be incorporating marble and copper or gold in there too! Please do go and have a look so that you can see all my ideas come together! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| DIY | DIY Rustic Shelf

We've always needed more storage space in the kitchen. We have around 4 cupboards which we use for our appliances, cups/glasses/plates/bowls, tinned food and cereals, and a cupboard designated for general items we have no where to keep such as vases, tins of paint, dusters etc.  We had a largish amount of blank wall that I knew I wanted to do something with, but other things in the flat always took precedence.  Thanks to Instagram and Pinterest, I noticed that a lot of people were making shelves out of old bits of wood or scaffolding boards. Purely by chance a while ago, my other half was given 2 scaffolding boards by someone who had no use for them. Finally during some much needed annual leave, I pestered my Dad to help me with my project! I couldn't decide what brackets I wanted. I didn't want modern style brackets as that isn't really the "vibe" I go for. I was torn between antique-style cast iron brackets from Amazon , or some white distresse

| HOME | A Look Inside AmysAnnexe's Home

My friend has recently moved into her own place, so I decided to pop over and pick her brain about all things homes and interiors!  Hi, I’m Amy (amysannexe on Instagram) and I’ve lived in my home for 3 months. I’m surrounded by fields and rolling countryside which I love as it’s very relaxing…the only downside is the creepy crawlies that decide to take up residence inside! I’ve got a lovely little garden where I can grow vegetables and lots of flowers. It’s so quiet and tranquil around where I live. Describe your interior style: I would describe my interior as country style with modern touches. I like to add grey and copper accessorises with neutral-coloured furniture. My style has changed over the last few years as I used to have quite a girlie interior with pastel pinks and duck egg blue. My style has definitely matured as I’ve got older.  Where do you take your inspiration from?   A lot of it comes from Instagram and Pinterest. My favourite home

| DIY | Homemade Bedside Lights

The new room is coming together really well. Everything I had envisioned for it has turned out exactly right! One thing that I’m most happy with is our brand new shelf/bedside lighting. This was all done for well under £100. I was lucky enough to already have the wooden scaffolding board for my old kitchen shelf. My dad helped me to distress it as it was a brand new piece of wood. Click here to read about that process. In the new room, our bed is pushed up against the chimney breast which obviously juts out a bit compared to the rest of the wall on that side. When considering the space we had I realised that a bedside table either side of the bed just wouldn’t work. This then raised the question…where do we put bedside lamps? I’ve seen a few pictures floating around the internet showing large filament Edison bulbs hanging from either the ceiling or the wall either side of a bed. I loved the look as I’m a big fan of Industrial-looking interiors. This seemed like a l